Garfield Heights is currently offering individuals with warrants the opportunity to easily have the warrant recalled.
During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, rather than surrendering to the police or court in person, any person with an outstanding arrest warrant or who is has not complied with probation or a payment plan may now surrender via email at [email protected] or calling the Court at 216-475-1900, Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm or mailing their information to the Clerk of Court, 5555 Turney Road, Garfield Heights, Ohio 44125.
The person needs to provide the Court with his/her current mailing address, email address, telephone number, text number, the last four digits of his/her social security number, date of birth and all known case numbers.
The Court will recall any warrants immediately without any appearance and without payment of any monies. The Court will set up a telephone conference within 48 hours and attempt to resolve the matter without an in-person court appearance.
Why you should safe surrender.
- You will be free of the warrant and possible arrest
- You will be able to reinstate driver’s licenses with the BMV
- You will receive credit for accepting responsibility at the time of sentencing
- You may ask the Court to re-evaluate unpaid fines and costs based on the impact of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- You may be returned to probation to complete rehabilitative programs rather than going to jail
- Clear up your legal problems so you are ready to go back to work at the end of Shelter In Place orders
This program is in place through July 30, 2020.
If you have a warrant in Garfield Heights Municipal Court, take advantage of this opportunity to start fresh!